At Maine Family Dental, Dr. Buxton does not recommend a tooth extraction in Bangor, ME unless we've exhausted all other options. However, if a tooth extraction is recommended, it is likely that it's needed to protect your dental health and surrounding teeth.
Reasons For Tooth Extraction in Bangor, ME
- A tooth that has been affected by advanced gum disease (periodontitis)
- A tooth infected beyond what root canal therapy can restore
- A tooth that has sustained severe trauma or injury
- Wisdom teeth
- Teeth that are overly crowded and impeding orthodontic treatment
- A dental emergency, such as a broken and chipped teeth
Teeth Extractions in 04401
Dr. Buxton performs most tooth extractions in our Bangor, ME dental office and we even offer options for sedation such as nitrous oxide to help ensure your comfort throughout your procedure.
If the tooth being removed is not a wisdom tooth, Dr. Buxton is also prepared to discuss tooth replacement options with you. Replacing a failed tooth as soon as possible is critical for protecting your oral health against teeth shifting and bone loss.
Consult With Our Dentist in Bangor, ME
If you have questions about tooth extraction in Bangor, ME, don't hesitate to call your team at Maine Family Dental. We're here to support you every step of the way and into your recovery process.