There's an old adage that goes, "Tough times never last, but tough people do."
At Maine Family Dental, we are here for our community as we adapt to new safety protocols and routines. We plan on staying and enduring along with our neighbors, and we are committed to keeping our patients and staff safe and secure.
Our infection control policies have always been the main priority for our dental practice, and now you may notice new changes during your appointment with our dental office in Bangor, ME.
We want patients to maintain their oral health and get emergency dental care in Bangor, ME in the safest and most sterile environment. To this end, we have adopted infection control procedures we would love to tell you about.
Our Infection Control Protocols to Keep You and Your Family Safe
Following the recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), we stay current with any changes to guidelines or policies. We work hard to ensure that our infection prevention policies are always current and approved by these agencies. As such, you will notice changes to how we maintain safety during your visit at our dentist office in Bangor, ME; these changes are in place to protect you and our own hard-working dental team.
- Before your appointment, we will call you and screen your health and well-being. We will repeat your screening when you arrive at our Bangor dental office to ensure you are not exhibiting signs of illness.
- We provide hand sanitizer for patients to use when they first arrive; they will be at various points in our office along with the front desk.
- Magazines, toys, and the coffee station are all possible points of contact which we have removed. These items are not easy to keep wholly sterilized.
- Our plexiglass divider at the reception protects you and our dental staff.
- We stagger appointments, so patients are not exposed to each other, and to reduce the number of patients in the same room at any time.
- Our dental staff will be wearing personal protective equipment that will be changed after each patient.
- Our high volume suction mouthpieces reduce aerosol produced during your visit.
- Our doors on each personal treatment room keep our patients socially distanced.
- We even replace our keyboards and mice with waterproof keyboards with trackpads to reduce infection.
- Air purification systems in every room filter out contaminants in the air every twelve minutes—we also installed high-quality air filters in our heating and cooling systems to eliminate any viral and bacterial particles.
Are You Experiencing a Dental Emergency near Bangor, ME?
While we wait for our 04401 dental office to be able to treat you and your family, we do remain available for dental emergencies. If you are experiencing tooth pain, chipped or cracked teeth, bleeding or swollen gums, jaw pain, knocked-out tooth, injury to the mouth, or any dental abnormality, contact our emergency dentist in Bangor, ME immediately.
Some dental emergencies are immediately apparent that they are emergencies, while others can be pain-free and mild (like loose fillings or dental crowns). In any case, we invite you to see us. Your emergency dentist, Dr. Travis Buxton, will ensure that your visit is comfortable and safe.